Monday, March 14, 2016

What's Your Gift?




|| WHATS YOUR GIFT ||

I'll make this quick, I know you've got things to do. Trust God. I had never thought of myself as a "prayer warrior" before. After a series of events, I had a pastor tell me to intercede on the behalf of others because he believed it was my gifting. I didn't believe it in that moment, but I decided it couldn't hurt to try. Never had the gift of lofty words, nor did I think my prayers were special. But then I realized they don't have to be. I found myself in God's presence one night at Radiance, praying and interceding on others' behalf. It wasn't lofty or eloquent, but it was from my heart! A word of encouragement stirred me to practice a discipline I had never known was also a gifting in me. From then on, I have found myself spending more time with God in prayer (growing closer to Him) and praying for others... And growing a heart for them! I'm not saying this to brag, I'm saying this to encourage you! Sometimes we don't believe in our gifting even when someone calls it out in us! If you have the gift of intercessory prayer, PRAY. If you have the gift of leading worship, LEAD. If you have the gift of evangelism, SHARE. The list goes on. Point is, use what God has given you to glorify Him and see how your relationship with Him grows!

What's your gifting & how have you/can you use it for the Lord?

No comments :

Post a Comment