Monday, February 2, 2015

#HonestlyBrave: Why I Used to Hate Sunsets



I used to hate sunsets. They would remind me of "another day wasted" and it always left me feeling so alone. The end of the day meant I had to do it all over again the following day... and again, and again. I felt lonely, scared, alone, and a plethora of other emotions when I experienced a sunset. I remember most days ending with tears as I watched a sunset and was reminded of the overwhelming depression that engulfed my heart. Then, something changed. The depression that I felt was healed and sunsets no longer bothered me. I found the beauty in sunsets that God had been trying to show me for years. He went into the depths of my heart and brought up the things that held me captive of depression. He reminded me that each day is a gift, not something to dread. A few years ago, I found the beauty of a new day. A new song. A sunset no longer reminds me of loneliness; rather, it brings me great joy to know that God has blessed me with another day to know Him and grow closer to Him. It reminds me that although another day is not always promised, the mourning of the night will become dancing the following day. Friends, know that whatever you're going through, God is capable of taking control of your situation and turning it around. Even when we see no end in sight, God has already planned a way for us to get there. Trust Him, but also enjoy the journey. A sunset doesn't have to only mean the end; it can mean a new beginning.

Be encouraged this day, friends! Love + Peace be with you!

No comments :

Post a Comment